Rural Recreational & Cultural Grant-in-Aid Programs
Each year the Peace River Regional District distributes $435,000 to recreation, social and cultural organizations located throughout the electoral areas of the region.
Organizations use this money for capital improvement projects, recreation and cultural program funding, insurance and special events to name a few.
All organizations who receive this funding are non-profit societies that depend on the dedication of volunteers to operate and manage their organizations
- 2013 Grant-in-Aid Recipients
- 2012 Grant-in-Aid Recipients
- 2011 Grant-in-Aid Recipients
- 2010 Grant-in-Aid Recipients
- 2009 Grant-in-Aid Recipients
Grant-in-Aid Program Guide
To assist applicants and recipients we have developed a guide that provides step by step information on how to complete all of the Grant-in-Aid forms listed below. If you require further information or assistance please feel free to contact the Community Services Department at 250 784-3200. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- GIA Program guide 2012
- A new program guide will become available in early January 2013
1) Applicant organizations must be non-profit registered societies which provide recreation, arts, sports and social activities for the community at large.
2) Applications from rural organizations must be made by the Recreation Commission or Community Association in the rural area..
3) Applicants must be in attendance at adjudication meetings to be eligible for grants.
2013 Grant-in-Aid meeting schedule. All meetings start at 7:00 p.m.
Electoral Area B & C April 15, 2013 at King's Valley Christian Camp Electoral Area ‘E’ West April 16, 2013 at Chetwynd and District Arena South Peace Sub-Regional
April 17, 2013 at Tupper Community Hall
All Grant-in-Aid forms are now available as Adobe PDF documents.
All applicants and recipients now have the option of completing the forms by:
a) Type information directly into the form
Print and mail to: P.O. Box 810, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4H8
Email to email@example.com (attachments can be sent by email or mailed separately)
b) Print off forms, complete and mail to P.O. Box 810, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4H8